Once you're at your MILES, please check the vehicle for visible damages such as scratches or dents before you unlock the vehicle and start your trip.
This step is very important for us to be able to correctly allocate and process any vehicle damages and to ensure that you are not accidentally charged for a claim that you haven't caused. No damage is too small to be reported!
Here's how it works:
- In the app, click on the button "Damage report". A graphic of the vehicle will pop up. If there are blue dots on it, damages have already been reported, which you can check in detail by tapping on the dots.
- Go around the vehicle and check if there are any additional damages that are not yet reported. Please also make sure that the car has no flat tires.
- If you have discovered new damage, tap on the "Report new damage" button.
- Indicate whether the vehicle is still roadworthy and follow the instructions in the app. In addition to taking photos, you have the option to briefly describe the damage.
- Done! Your report will be automatically forwarded to us, and we will take care of everything else. If the MILES is not roadworthy, it will be taken off the fleet immediately and will be repaired as soon as possible. 🔧
- Inside the vehicle: After you have unlocked the MILES, please also check the inside of the vehicle (including the trunk) for dirt and damages.
- Vans: If you're renting a van, always make sure that the cargo area is clean and empty at the start of your trip.
- Is your MILES damaged or dirty inside? Please take photos of the dirty spots/damages and send us them via our chatbot. You can find the chat icon on our website and in the FAQ. Please note that functional cookies must be enabled for the icon to be displayed.