To use MILES abroad, it's necessary to have a stable internet connection!
Since June 2017, anyone staying within the EU can use the internet via their belgian mobile phone contract without any additional charges.
What to look out for?
- Technically speaking, you don't have to make any special settings on your smartphone to be able to use the internet abroad.
- Info: Your mobile phone automatically connects to the foreign mobile network if your provider has activated the SIM card for roaming.
- Don't panic if it takes a little longer for your SIM-card to dial in. Depending on the provider, the timeframe for using the internet abroad may differ.
Please check the following details before you travel abroad with MILES, so that you can use our service without any issues:
- Do you have to adjust individual settings on your smartphone to enable roaming?
- Has your contract already been switched to the new EU-wide regulation automatically?
- In which country have you signed your mobile phone contract and is this part of the EU roaming law?
- Is your data volume enough to cover your trip abroad with MILES in terms of reception?