There are two ways to park:
- Parking mode: you can activate the parking mode if you just want to stopover and continue your trip later (also possible outside the business area).
- Terminate rental: You have arrived at your destination and want to park the car to end the rental process altogether (only possible in the business area).
Please note the following general information about parking vans:
Size & Turning Circle: Before your ride, memorize the size of your van and make sure you have enough room to fit in your chosen parking space. Remember that the turning circle of a van is much larger than that of a car. Therefore, you need more space to turn and maneuver.
Parking with assistance: Let others help you maneuver and park. This way, you can ensure that distances are correctly estimated and avoid accidents.
This is how it works:
- Find a suitable parking space to park the van.
- Activate the handbrake by pressing the gray button on the right end of the gear selector labeled with P.
- Before leaving the car, make sure that all windows & doors are closed.
- Remember to take all your personal belongings and to leave nothing behind in the cargo bay.
- You got all your stuff & are outside the vehicle? Now you can choose in the app between "End rental" or "Swipe for stopover" if you want to continue your ride later.
- If you need a parking disc, it can be found in the glove compartment.
- You couldn't find a parking disc? Leave a note with the current time and the expected parking duration behind the windshield.
- Don't forget to stick to the allowed maximum parking duration.
- You do not need to purchase a parking ticket in publicly managed parking spaces within the business area. Those costs are on us.
- Never terminate or pause your ride on private parking spaces, private premises, in backyards, underground parking garages or multi-storey car parks.
- Always adhere to the road traffic regulations and make sure that there are no parking restrictions for your chosen parking space within 48hrs after you will have left the car (i.e. no stopping zones).